Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Baking in the making

Today was a snow day! Love it! I basically took it easy and "slowed down." I thought about baking but I needed to just stay home and take it easy. I think i'll make soup tomorrow, a vegetable soup. We'll see. So let's see what have I done in terms of baking or cooking lately? I made a decent apple pie. I had difficulty with the crust covering the apple filling. I think I just didn't have enough water, which I decided on my like fourth try. I was about to throw the rolling pin at the wall! So the pie tasted good, but the crust left something to be desired. My Dad, whose opinion I sought, said that the crust was not as good as usual. So I will try to make it better. I also used bread flour so maybe that made a difference? It's annoying because I really want to get to the level of baking ability where I can work on the presentation. i know I can make a great tasting pie; I want it to look good as well. Anyway, I'm thinking of making Spicy Apple Twists for Sunday...I'm going to a Christmas musical and then for dessert at the Brown's house. Yeah! I've made this dessert before so it should be fine this time. I already know some changes I want to make to improve it. Green apples and less water will mean less mushy apples. Maybe more cinnamon. I might bring whipped cream too. Anyway, I am also making cookies for Christmas gifts (shhh...don't tell). We'll see how this turns out...I'm making them with Diana and whomever else wants to join me...

Ps. 34:8 "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment